Things to bring
(Updated October 6th – Check again for updates)
This is generic suggestions on what to bring. It might not be complete, if you are unsure about something or if you see something that should be added to the list, contact us.
- pillow case
- bed sheets
- warm blankets / sleeping bag
- For privacy, 1 or 2 twin sheets or similar that could be used as “bed blinds”. It could be inserted under the top bunk bed.
Weather – what to expect
Temperature will typically vary between +23 – +51 °F / -5 – +10 °C
It could possibly get colder or warmer.
Rain and snow are to be expected.
(make sure to bring enough for your entire stay)
- Warm clothes suitable for weather
- “Dress Like an Onion” – multiple layers – For example:
- base skin layer / keep you dry and warm – merino wool, polypropylene, etc.
- mid insulation layer / conserve your heat – fleece pullover, sweatshirt, wool sweater, etc.
- outer protective layer / wind rain snow protection – jackets, parkas, rain gear, snowsuits, etc.
- Gloves / mittens
- Warm hat (one that can cover ears is good idea)
One washing machine and dryer is at our disposal. Let’s plan on using it wisely and sparingly.
The forest trails could be really rocky and slippery in some areas especially after rain or snow.
- indoor shoes / slippers
- outdoor shoes / walking boots that could resist rain/snow
Please use no fragrance toiletries
- face cloths
- soap, shampoo, unscented deodorant
- toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss
- shaving kit
Health / Masks
- Multiple masks
- health insurance information in case of emergency
- personal medication enough for your entire stay
We will review the latest health guidelines and update this section accordingly.
Chairs will be available. As you can see in this picture, you might want to bring some cushions or blanket for it.
- meditation cushion
- extra warm shawl(s)/blankets if meditating in unheated chapel
We are working to find some meditation cushions. So we might be able to have a few extra cushions, but at this stage we do not know how many and if they will be suitable for you.
Other suggestions (optional)
- water bottle
- small alarm clock quiet and with batteries (phones will be turned in to the manager)
- Flash light
- Notebook and pen